Fully managed Linux desktops
Univention Corporate Client (UCC) UCC fills the gap that made the adoption of Linux desktops in businesses complicated as the centralised management solutions available were complex to install and manage.
Now Linux desktops can be deployed or "streamed" to PCs and thin clients very easily or can be ran on the Univention Corporate Server virtualisation layer making them accessible remotely.
The Ubuntu-based desktop environment provided is optimised for business use and it can be tailored using UCC management web console to fit user requirements and hardware specifications.
- Reduced administration efforts thanks to fully automated installation, central update management and integrated users/rights management via policies and desktop profiles
- Supports a vast number of thin clients and connected devices
- Support of all popular remote desktops and desktop virtualisation environments from Microsoft, Citrix, VMware and Univention
- Integrated support for xrdp, which allows a bandwidth efficient access to the KDE Linux desktop of UCC, also, for example, from Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X systems.
- Ideal for use in heterogeneous environments with Linux and Windows desktops
- Cost-effective in its implementation, maintenance, administration and operation
- Open standards ensure easy adaptability and simple expansion
- Future proof Open Source solution
More information on Univention's web site