The virtualisation solution for SMEs
Collax V-Cube represents, for small to medium sized companies, the opportunity of benefiting from the same virtualisation solutions used by large organisations but at a fraction of the cost.
V-Cube is based on technologies supported by other known brands like RedHat, IBM or Intel but optimised and adapted to satisfy the requirements of smaller infrastructures. Set-up and management are so simple that can take less than half an hour, for a technician not specialised in virtualisation technologies, to install a Collax V-Cube.
Thanks to the provided migration tools existing servers can be consolidated on the V-Cube virtualisation environment with very little downtime.
Collax's virtualisation platform is performing a lot better than the competition so many companies migrate to it, even from free of charge platforms (like VMware ESXi, Xen Server and Microsoft Hyper-V), as they can fit more virtual servers on the same hardware. Then being managed by just using a browser it makes it easier to support it from wherever you are.
The following graphic shows Collax V-Cube's architecture:
- Installation can be done in few minutes
- Centralised web management
- Unlimited number of virtual machines
- Nearly zero performance loss compared to physical installation
- Memory usage optimisation and reduction with KSM (Kernel Samepage Merging)
- Natively supports Thin Provisioning and memory overcommitment
- You can assign a PCI device, serial or USB port to a specific VM
- Seamless live migration
- Live VM snapshots
- Fast VM deployment with templates
- Supports VMWare Server/Workstation disk images
- No need for dedicated control node
- You can natively exchange disk images with RedHat Enterprise Virtualisation servers
- Integrated Backup, Restore and Disaster Recovery tools
- Includes P2V and V2P (Physical to Virtual and Virtual to Physical) migration tools
To activate the clustering and high availability features contact us to obtain a trial activation key.