Open Source Conference 2014 - London
Place: The Business Design Centre | City: Islington, London, United Kingdom
Also this year Omnis Systems will participate to the "Open Source, open standards" Conference to present some of the Enterprise solutions that allow many organisations of the Public and the Educational sectors to reduce costs while increasing efficiency and the quality of services provided to the public.
Instead of just talking about Open Source and its commercial offshoots this year we want to bring to you readily available and enterprise grade solutions you can implement straight away with the support of our partners. At this event we have the pleasure to promote:
Transitiv Ltd will be present with a stand in the main exhibition area where delegates will be able not only to talk about Open Source but also to see some of the solutions we promote in action.
Collabora Productivity Ltd will contribute to the event with a seminar about LibreOffice for the Public Sector. Recently the Government received a loud and clear message from the IT industry and the general public: "We want ODF as the standard file format!". LibreOffice is surely one of the best Office Suites that can help the Government in saving millions of pounds while adopting ODF as a standard for the whole Public sector.
During the conference we will be presenting solutions that evolved from Community projects into fully supported Enterprise grade solutions that will help you in:
- Virtualising both Windows and Linux desktops on the same platform
- Replacing MS Exchange, Lotus Notes and similar with an open and scalable collaboration suite that doesn't require user training
- Freeing capital resources by moving away from closed source file formats used by proprietary Office suites
- Integrating all your data sources, applications, Internet and Intranet with the most modern Enterprise Portal solutions
- Migrating legacy application to more modern, efficient and cost effective frameworks
- Sharing documents with local and remote users keeping data secure
- Simplifying Linux adoption for SMEs and smaller Councils with easy to manage appliances
- Monitoring and supporting complex infrastructure to get the best value out of your IT investment
Most of the solutions proposed are Cloud ready and available also on G-Cloud but they are so cost effective that when deployed on-site, for best integration results with current infrastructures, bring immediate benefits in terms of quality of services and tangible savings.
Islington, London, United Kingdom